Intent data is a powerful tool for B2B marketers who want to increase opportunities in their pipeline. Intent data refers to the online signals that indicate a prospect’s interest in a specific topic, product, or service. By analyzing these signals, marketers can identify and target prospects who are most likely to convert.
Discussing how using intent data to increase opportunities in your pipeline, and share some best practices and tips for success.
What are the benefits of utilizing intent data?
Using intent data can help you:
- Increase the quality and quantity of your opportunities. Intent data can help you find prospects who are actively researching your solution or industry, and who have a high propensity to buy. This can improve your lead scoring, segmentation, and prioritization, and reduce your cost per lead.
- Enhance your personalization and relevance. Intent data can help you tailor your messaging and content to the specific needs and pain points of your prospects, based on their online behavior and interests. This can increase your engagement, conversion, and retention rates.
- Optimize your marketing campaigns and budget. Intent data can help you align your marketing efforts with the buyer’s journey, and deliver the right message at the right time through the right channel. This can improve your campaign performance, ROI, and attribution.
How to use intent data to increase opportunities in your pipeline?
There are four main steps to use intent data to increase opportunities in your pipeline:
- Source intent data from reliable providers. There are different types of intent data sources, such as first-party data (from your own website or CRM), third-party data (from external platforms or publishers), or predictive data (from AI or machine learning models). You should choose the sources that match your goals, budget, and industry.
- Integrate intent data with your marketing systems. You should connect your intent data with your marketing automation, CRM, or other tools that you use to manage your opportunities and campaigns. This will enable you to automate your workflows, trigger actions, and measure results.
- Segment and score your opportunities based on intent data. You should use intent data to segment your opportunities into different categories, such as awareness, consideration, or decision stage. You should also use intent data to score your leads based on their level of interest and readiness to buy. This will help you prioritize your leads and focus on the most qualified ones.
- Engage your opportunities with personalized and timely content. You should use intent data to create relevant and compelling content that addresses the specific challenges and goals of your leads. You should also use intent data to deliver your content through the most effective channels and formats, such as email, social media, webinars, or ebooks. You should also use intent data to optimize the timing and frequency of your content delivery, based on the lead’s behavior and preferences.
Best practices and tips for utilizing intent data
Here are some best practices and tips for actioning intent data to increase opportunities in your pipeline:
- Define your ideal customer profile (ICP) and buyer personas. You should have a clear understanding of who your target audience is, what their pain points are, how they make decisions, and what their buying criteria are. This will help you select the right intent data sources and keywords, and create relevant content.
- Monitor and analyze your intent data regularly. You should keep track of the changes in your intent data, such as the volume, quality, or trends of the signals. This will help you identify new opportunities, adjust your strategy, and improve your results.
- Test and optimize your campaigns based on intent data. You should experiment with different variables of your campaigns, such as the content, channel, format, or timing, and measure their impact on your key metrics, such as open rate, click-through rate, conversion rate, or revenue. You should use intent data to inform your decisions and optimize your campaigns accordingly.
- Align your sales and marketing teams around intent data. You should ensure that both your sales and marketing teams have access to the same intent data, and that they use it consistently and collaboratively. This will help you create a seamless customer experience across the buyer’s journey, and increase your conversion rate.