The key principle that helps you initiate your digital advertisement process is attracting the right audience using multiple advertising channels. From marketing through email, or using various social media handles, using SEO Optimization techniques, marketing using various means of content such as articles, blogs and even eBooks.
You can also make use of animations and video narratives, to help increase the reach of your business and pull customers towards you. By using the right means you can bring the traffic to your website and let customers know how beneficial you are to them, and what makes you different from competitors too. Be creative and you’ll see the traffic coming to you.
A massive 71 percent of B2B buyers read blog content before they purchase something from a brand. That means the words you write — and then post online — can influence purchasing decisions.
With 2022 around the corner, it’s time to start planning your B2B content marketing strategy.
Here are five things to consider when motivating buyers to purchase your products and services.
- Optimize and Update Content RegularlyCreating brand new content in 2022 is all very well and good, but what about those old blog posts and landing pages on your website? Refreshing old posts can improve content marketing ROI by luring more buyers to your site from search engines. That’s because Google categorizes updated blog posts and web pages as “new” content, which instantly improves your SEO.
You can give your old content a makeover by:
- Updating broken links
- Removing outdated data and statistics
- Incorporating more relevant keywords into articles
- Adding improved metadata
- Placing a CTA in the content
- Repurpose Evergreen ContentEvergreen content should last for as long as possible, but that doesn’t mean you can’t make it better. Recycling old pages on your blog or resources section boosts content marketing ROI because it attracts buyers to your site without lots of work.
Here’s how to repurpose content in 2022:
- Create a podcast based on an article
- Combine several pieces of evergreen content into an eBook
- Take any data from a post and create an infographic
- Define and Understand the Customer JourneyB2B buyers start as leads, then prospects, and then hopefully customers. Defining and understanding the buyer’s journey lets you create content that targets buyers at each stage of your marketing funnel. For example, incorporate top-of-the-funnel content that reaches the broadest possible audience. But don’t forget about middle- and bottom-of-the-funnel posts that promote your products and services more directly.
- Identify Core Metrics to TrackTracking content marketing campaigns is a must in 2022, but few organizations know which metrics to measure. Start by identifying your goals and track KPIs that best match them.
Want to fine-tune your email marketing? Analyze open rates, click-throughs, and conversions. Need more social media followers? Monitor post reach, social shares, and applause rates. Whatever you do, keep things simple. It’s best to track a handful of metrics at first, or you might overwhelm your marketing teams.
- Build and Execute a Clear StrategyGreat content doesn’t appear out of thin air. You need to develop a clear strategy that exposes content to the right people in the right place at the right time. You can do this by:
- Defining your content marketing goals for 2022
- Understanding that content marketing is constantly evolving
- Analyzing competitors
- Researching keywords
- Tracking market trends in your niche
- Thinking up great content ideas!
Before You Go
It’s time to create content that converts. For better content marketing ROI in 2022, refresh old posts, repurpose evergreen content, identify the customer journey, identify core metrics, and execute a clear strategy.
Bython can help you realize your content marketing goals for 2022 with its intelligent B2B MarTech solutions. Reach your audience, expand your brand, and drive sales.