50 Quotes to Inspire Your Marketing Journey
The field of marketing is one that is complex and constantly changing. Keeping up with new practices, technologies, and strategies that are being introduced on what seems like a daily basis can be a challenge. Every now and then, even the best marketers need words of wisdom that will motivate them to develop fresh content, ideas, and plans. So, we’ve collected 50 of the best quotes that will inspire your marketing journey as you end 2017 and prepare to begin the new year of 2018.
General Marketing Quotes
1. If you’re a good marketing person, you have to be a little crazy.
2. People don’t buy what you do…they buy why you do it.
3. Marketing is enthusiasm transferred to the customer.
4. Don’t find customers for your products, find products for your customers.
5. Think like a customer.
6. A brand is no longer what we tell the customer it is – it is what customers tell each other it is.
7. The best marketing of all is happy clients.
8. The best marketing doesn’t feel like marketing.
9. Whether B2B or B2C, I believe passionately that good marketing essentials are the same. We all are emotional beings looking for relevance, context and connection.
Marketing Strategy Quotes
10. The best marketing strategy ever: CARE.
11. Marketing is a contest for people’s attention.
12. As you go about creating new customer engagement programs and direct marketing packages for your brand, look for opportunities to give rather than to get. Whoever makes the first kind gesture, as studies show, tends to gain the most.
13. Good marketing makes the company look smart. Great marketing makes the customer feel smart.
14. The aim of marketing is to know and understand the customer so well the product or service fits him and sells itself.
Content Marketing Quotes
15. People do not buy goods and services. They buy relations, stories and magic.
16. Content is king, but marketing is queen and runs the household.
17. You’ve got to create content that makes the pain of same greater than the pain of change.
18. With regards to content marketing, there isn’t an obvious path anymore. It’s really a create-your-own-adventure.
19. Never write an advertisement which you wouldn’t want your family to read. You wouldn’t tell lies to your own wife. Don’t tell them to mine.
20. Content marketing is a commitment, not a campaign.
21. What really decides consumers to buy or not to buy is the content of your advertising, not its form.
22. By creating and publishing remarkable content in the form that educates, informs, inspires and entertains, marketers can begin to build relationships with prospects early on in the buying cycle.
23. What you say in advertising is more important than how you say it.
24. Where we can maximize the investment in content marketing is if we can get it in the hands of our sales people.
Merrie Beth Salazar
25. One of the bottlenecks that I often encounter with content marketing is that brands want to push out perfection, always.
26. Marketing is no longer about the stuff that you make, but about the stories you tell.
27. Content is anything that adds value to the reader’s life.
28. There are three objectives for content marketing: reach, engagement, conversion. Define key metrics for each.
29. Be interesting. Tell the truth. And if you can’t tell the truth, change what you’re doing so you can. In other words, live the truth.
30. The way content is evolving is that brands can now tell narratives that can expand in many, many different ways because the technology is there to help them do it.
31. Create content that teaches. You can’t give up. You need to be consistently awesome.
32. Focus on the core problem that your business solves and put out lots of content and enthusiasm, and ideas about how to solve that problem.
Email Marketing Quotes
33. Not viewing your email marketing as content is a mistake.
34. A small list that wants exactly what you’re offering is better than a bigger list that isn’t committed.
35. Getting your email opened isn’t the goal. Getting your reader to take action is.
36. Treat your subject line like the movie trailer – give a preview so they know what to expect.
37. How to write a good email: 1. Write your email 2. Delete most of it 3. Send.
Social Media Marketing Quotes
38. People don’t want to be marketed at in the social channel. This is where they want to talk to each other, and brands are there by invitation. They have to be a great guest at the table.
39. Focus on how to be social, not how to do social.
40. Social media is about sociology and psychology more than technology.
41. The best way to engage honestly with the marketplace via Twitter is to never use the words ‘engage,’ ‘honestly’ or ‘marketplace.’
42. Facebook Fan Pages are email newsletters with smaller pictures.
43. Social media will help you build up loyalty of your current customers to the point that they will willingly, and for free, tell others about you.
Digital Marketing Quotes
44. Marketing without data is like driving with your eyes closed.
45. Advertising is very simple in a lot of ways. Advertisers go where the users go and users are choosing to spend a lot more time online.
46. Don’t say anything online that you wouldn’t want plastered on a billboard with your face (or logo) on it.
47. To accompany the four Ps of classical marketing, marketers would do well to instill the digital four Cs, around conversation, collaboration, culture and compensation.
48. The success of a page should be measured by one criteria: Does the visitor do what you want them to do?
49. Your website is your greatest asset. More people view your webpages than anything else.
50. Search marketing, and most Internet marketing in fact, can be very threatening because there are no rules. There’s no safe haven. To do it right, you need to be willing to be wrong. But search marketing done right is all about being wrong. Experimentation is the only way.
That’s all for now! Share your favorites through the social links below.